For patients who have been suffering from a damaged or infected tooth, finally getting the tooth extracted can feel like a relief. However, bleeding after a tooth extraction can be worrisome and inconvenient. Before a patient undergoes a tooth extraction, it can be helpful to know what to expect in terms of bleeding.After a tooth…
Tips for Fast Recovery After Tooth Removal
Tooth removal is popular and usually recommended when there is a significant injury to the tooth or in cases of severe tooth decay. The process of recovery after having a tooth removed is a concern for people are about to undergo the process or have done it. In this article, we covered a few tips that may improve the rate of recovery and minimize discomfort.
Tooth removal process does not end after the teeth have been removed. There are some precautions and rules for recovery, which often entails that you to do some things and shun some activities.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Tooth Recovery
Things to do
- Ensure you take every medication prescribed by the dentist at the right time
- Ensure you replace the gauze placed on it in time to prevent infections
- Ensure you only eat foods that are easy on the teeth
- Drink milkshakes and juices
- Taking ice cream can also help with recovery.
- Ensure you keep your head in an elevated position always – do not lie down at all
Things to avoid
- Try as much as possible to stay away from smoking, chewing tobacco, and alcohol consumption since they are activities that can cause injury to the teeth and gums and halt the process of recovery.
- Do not use straws when drinking as the sucking can draw the blood clot out of the extraction point, which can be painful and cause infection.
- Try not to suck on lollipops and toffees – the sucking can affect the extraction area.
- Stay away from hard foods or foods that need hard biting because it can injure the affected areas and make recovery even more difficult.
- Do not drink hot food or beverages, as they could injure your nerves – let them cool down a bit.
- Avoid anything that may cause your gums to bleed or dry up.
A quick glance at the instructions above and you will discover the process is just a process of taking extra care of yourself – consuming good food and staying comfortable. The activities that must be avoided may seem a little hard for people with the habit of smoking, tobacco chewing, chewing candies, or alcohol consumption. Patients must follow the precautions strictly to improve their chances of a full recovery.
What is the catch?
The tooth removal recovery process is easy and fast if you decide to rest and avoid things that could worsen the situation. The affected area will heal on its own without interference. Typically, the first stage of healing should happen between one or two weeks. With time, new bone and gum tissue will develop over the space.
In some cases, missing a tooth can cause your remaining teeth to shift because of the new pressure on them. The dentist can fix this by substituting the missing teeth with implants or bridges.
If you develop complications like infection or dry socket, you must reach out to the dentist as soon as you can, and they will provide you with the necessary solution. If the area bleeds, aches, or feels different, do not hesitate to visit the dentist.
Request a dental appointment here: https://www.alisocreekdental.com or call Aliso Creek Dental at (949) 204-3755 for an appointment in our Aliso Viejo dental office.
Preparing for a tooth extraction? While the procedure may seem daunting, it is important to know that it is often necessary in order to restore oral health. Modern-day dentistry has allowed for the evolution of technology, which reduces recovery times and pain. Nonetheless, there is still a short period of recovery, which requires a few…
Patients who are dealing with severe dental issues may think they should go to the ER for emergency dental care. This, however, is often ill-advised, as it may not be helpful in providing the proper treatments needed and can result in other problems arising.The following are a couple of reasons why patients should not go…
Having missing teeth can make normal tasks such as eating or speaking difficult, but there are several tooth replacement options available to allow you to restore function and improve the appearance of the mouth. Learn more about what alternatives are available to patients and the potential benefits of each method.Depending on the situation and how…